BoardSource is the only organization focused exclusively on nonprofit board practices and inspiring board service.
We welcome the opportunity to share our expertise with the media and with those who want to learn more about nonprofit board leadership and the sector as a whole.
To read news articles pertaining to the nonprofit sector, we suggest you subscribe to the BoardSource SmartBrief, our daily news brief. You can review the most current headlines below.
For an overview of our organization and information about our leaders, please visit About BoardSource and see the announcements and press releases listed below.
And for statistics on current board practices, please review the most recent edition of our signature study, Leading with Intent: A National Index of Nonprofit Board Practices.
Journalists seeking expert commentary on the full range of issues affecting nonprofit boards, including governance best practices, should email email@example.com or call Anne Atwood Mead, director of communications, at 202-349-2577. Please provide your media outlet, the nature of your inquiry, and daytime phone number. We are happy to provide journalists with an interest in a particular board practice or issue with free PDF copies of those BoardSource publications and resources that pertain to their interest. You may find the BoardSource Recommended Governance Practices helpful as well.
- The Nonprofit Sector’s Board Diversity Problem
- The Declining Diversity of Nonprofit Boards and What to Do about It
- 7 Things You Can Do to Improve the Sad, Pathetic State of Board Diversity
- The Meyer Memorial Trust: Reckoning with Race
- New Survey of Boards Backs Up Race to Lead Findings
- Nonprofit Boards Still Not Diverse, Report Finds
- BoardSource signs letter opposing measures aimed at weakening Johnson Amendment
- BoardSource Welcomes Julia Wilson to its Board of Directors
- Nonprofits to Congress: Keep Partisan Politics Away from Nonprofit Missions
- New Campaign Encourages Nonprofit Leaders to Expand Their Impact Through Strategic Partnerships
- BoardSource Announces New Board Leadership
- Northern Trust, BoardSource and American Alliance of Museums Team Up to Strengthen Museum Boards &Trustees